We are searching for an individual who is versatile and can function in a team environment. In addition to Sunday morning activities, this individual will be responsible for youth fellowship, pastoral care and mission outreach. The incumbent will be expected to be available on weekends and some weeknights to lead youth activities and support congregational activities. This may include occasional local, national or international trips of several days or more. We see this person offering leadership in the following ways:
- Planning and leading youth activities including youth group, local and nonlocal mission activities, and youth retreats and conferences (TPC's Youth Ministry has a fundamental structure in place; however, the incumbent will have the flexibility to modify the program to enhance and grow it.);
- Working with church staff, volunteers, and the Advisor/Youth Planning Committee to ensure good communication with youth, parents and adult advisors on all youth activities;
- Strengthening, supporting, and collaborating with our Board of Deacons and our Mission Outreach team, and helping to shepherd our mission outreach efforts;
- Engaging in pastoral care not only with the youth and their families, but with the congregation as a whole, including hospital, hospice and homecare visits, as well as participation at our Sunday Community Lunches;
- Supporting the Senior Pastor as needed, assisting in weekly worship services, and preaching 8 to 10 times per year.
For further information on this position, please click the link on the right side of this page to view our CIF.