Bags are Due This Sunday November 17 to Thompson Hall
Each year, the Assistance Center of Towson Churches reaches out to our community around the Thanksgiving holiday by providing Thanksgiving food baskets to families in need. Last year, through the combined efforts of area churches and residents, 2,359 families received benefits in Baltimore County and City. This year, ACTC asks each Church try to reach a goal of 50 baskets or more so that we could continue to serve all the clients, as we have in the past. TPC is certain we can! Please either fill a basket as described below, or you will also have the opportunity to purchase pre-packed Thanksgiving Baskets from several supermarkets in the area for a reasonable price (details to follow). Below is ACTC’s request per basket:
2019 ACTC THANKSGIVING BASKETS
Please include ONLY the following items in each basket:
(All additional items should be in separate bags and marked “MISCELLANEOUS”)
- 1 can sweet potatoes/yams (23-29 oz can)
- 2 cans meat/main dish (example: beef stew or chili-15-24 oz cans)
- 1 large can fruit (20-30 oz can)
- 4 cans vegetables (example: green beans, peas or corn-15 oz cans)
- 1 cranberry sauce
- 2 pkg. macaroni & cheese
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes (13.3 or 13.75 oz.)
- 1 cake or brownie mix
- 1 bag or box of stuffing mix
- 1 lb. bag or box of rice (28 oz.)
**PLEASE DO NOT PUT MONEY OR GIFT CARDS IN BAGS.
TIPS FOR PACKING:
Pack large cans on bottom & lighter items on top.
- If possible use a Reusable Grocery Bag /OR a double brown grocery bag inserted in double plastic bag.
- Mark bags as COMPLETE or INCOMPLETE (list what is missing).
OR Detailed information for this option will be coming to you soon!
Please bring the bags to Thompson Hall by Sunday, November 17. Donations will be accepted by the Church office: made payable to TPC; with “Thanksgiving Basket” in the memo line. Donations are due by November 18 and may be placed in the offering plate.
Pre Packed Bags available at the Following Stores:
Thank you for you faithful support!