Streamed Services, Remote Offerings, Mission, & More
All of TPC’s leadership conveys our hope and prayers that you and your loved ones are well. If you stand in need of care, please let us know.
Leadership also requests our communal solidarity as we seek to do our part in mitigating this pandemic.
As a result of TPC’s Regathering Team’s hard work and recommendations, Session has approved the following PHASED REGATHERING PLAN.
TPC is currently in Phase 1, which permits the gathering of small groups outdoors.
Still, remote ministries continue to abound! Indeed, the Church never has been and never will be a “building.” We are a mission. A movement. A people led by God’s very Spirit as we seek to grow closer to God and who God continually calls us to be.
Please look below for the emerging ways in which we will continue to worship, serve, and grow closer to God during this pandemic.
Worship || Sundays at 10 a.m. || Facebook Live
Join us Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. as worship is livestreamed on Facebook Live. You do NOT need a Facebook account to view the livestream feed or the saved videos of previous livestreams. Simply visit www.facebook.com/towsonpres.
To view previously livestreamed services, please click the following.
- 8/2/20 – Worship – “Open in Prayer” – “Open” from Nooma Video Series by Flannel films
- 7/26/20 – Worship – This Day – “Today” from Nooma Video Series by Flannel films
- 7/19/20 – Worship – Spirit of Service
- 7/12/20 – Worship – What Is Discipleship – “Dust” from Nooma Video Series by Flannel films
- 7/5/20 – Worship – Called to Know Joy
- 6/28/20 – Worship – Spirit of Love – Love of Neighbor
- 6/21/20 – Worship – Spirit of Love – Love of God
- 6/14/20 – Worship (Creation Care) – The Things We Do for Love – Rev. Mary Gaut guest preacher
- 6/7/20 – Worship – Lament & Hope
- 5/31/20 – Worship – Pentecost – GODISNOWHERE
- 5/24/20 – Worship – A Spirit of Innovation & Adaptation
- 5/17/20 – Worship – The God Who Gives
- 5/10/20 – Worship – Gifts of Women || Dotsie Bregel explores the meaning to be found in community
- 5/3/20 – Worship – Why the Church Repeats Keeps Reminding & Remembering
- 4/26/20 – Worship – Finding Wholeness & Healing Even While We Grieve the Pandemic
- 4/19/20 – Worship – Are Doubts an Obstacle or an Asset to Faith? The pastors’ thoughts may surprise you.
- Part 1 || Part 2 – 4/12/14 – Easter Sunday
- 4/9/20 – Maundy Thursday & Tenebrae Worship
- 3/29/20 – Worship – TPC welcomes Brian McLaren, Christian author, speaker, & activist
- 3/22/20 – Worship – Christ’s words to the Anxious, Tired, Scared, and Overburdened
- 3/15/20 – Worship – Even in Times of Wilderness, God IS Present
Permission to print and/or broadcast music in publications linked to this website is obtained through One License with license #A-728044.
Practicing Spiritual Practices || Tuesdays at 7 p.m. || Facebook Live
Every Tuesday evening at 7 p.m., all are invited to join Rob & Joel as they livestream an exploration of a spiritual practice. Simply visit www.facebook.com/towsonpres.
To view previously streamed sessions, please click below:
- The Examen – 3/24/20 || 4/28/20 || 6/30/20
- Lectio Divina – 3/31/20 || 5/5/20 || 5/26/20 || 7/7/20
- Gratitude Prayer – 4/14/20
- Images & Blessings – 4/21/20 || 6/9/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Experiencing Love – 5/12/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Seeing Our Gifts – 5/19/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Carried to Jesus – 6/23/20
- Praying for Peace – 6/2/20
- Receiving the Gift – 6/16/20
Joel & Rob’s Podcast || Mon. & Wed. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
Watch “Joel & Rob’s Podcast” every Monday & Wednesday on Facebook, as they explore the way they see, struggle with, and seek to live out their faith.
The traditional audio-only podcast format can be found here, while the livestreamed version can be found below:
- Joel & Rob explore Sabbath – 4/1/20
- Did God Cause Covid-19? – 4/22/20
- Anxiety, Control, & Faith – 4/29/20
- Failure & Faith – 5/6/20
- Coping with Grief (& Covid) – 5/20/20
- Covid & Systemic Racism – 6/3/20
- This Summer @ TPC – 6/10/20
In the following, Joel & Rob explore a chapter from the book TPC is reading together, We Make the Road By Walking.
- Ch. 27 – 3/16/20
- Ch. 28 – 3/18/20
- Ch. 29 – 3/23/20
- Ch. 30 – 3/25/20
- Ch. 31 – 3/30/20
- Ch. 32 – 4/6/20
- Ch. 32 a & b – 4/8/20
- Ch. 33 – 4/13/20
- Ch. 34 – 4/20/20
- Ch. 35 – 4/27/20
- Ch. 36 – 5/4/20
- Ch. 37 – 5/11/20
- Ch. 38 – 5/18/20
- Ch. 39 – 5/27/20
- Ch. 40 – 6/3/20
- Ch. 41 – 6/10/20
- Ch. 42 – 6/17/20 (w/ Alison Peer)
- Ch. 43 – 6/24/40 (w/ Patty Rath)
- Ch. 44 – 6/29/20
- Ch. 45 – 7/13/20
- Ch. 46 – 7/29/20
Family Faith Formation at Home || Tues. & Thurs. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m., Jenness livestreams a spiritual formation offering for families with children.
Join in live at Facebook or click below explore previous offerings.
Faith At Home
The Faith at Home section of our website offers opportunities to explore and grow in faith wherever you may be.
Check back regularly to explore these curated resources (including videos, blogs, online classes, and more).
Leaders are dividing our congregation up via “households” so that we can reach out to each and all in order to communicate any of the above that has not yet reached them, and to learn any additional needs we may be able to serve.
Please understand that staff is not permitted to visit hospitals, retirement communities, rehabilitation centers, and nursing homes during this time. Pastors are available, however, for phone counsel.
TPC has released $70,000 to date to help combat the growing local and global needs caused by the pandemic. Thus far, gifts have been given to the following:
- $2,000 to Mt. Calvary AME Church’s food pantry and “Harvest Meals for the Hungry” program
- $2,500 to City of Refuge (South Baltimore) which strives to support and lead people out of deep poverty
- $2,500 to Breath of God Lutheran Church (Southeast Baltimore) which is feeding adults and children breakfast and lunch every weekday between 11am and 2pm.
- $2,500 to Amazing Grace Lutheran Church (East Baltimore) to support their food pantry for the impoverished area around McElderry Park
- $3,000 to Baltimore County Together to purchase grocery boxes for families in need
- $5,000 to Community Assistance Network in Baltimore County to reduce poverty and vulnerability while promoting growth and stability
- $5,000 to Healthcare for the Homeless to provide health-related services and advocacy for the homeless
- $7,000 to Student Support Network (SSN), which will purchase grocery boxes for Baltimore County students in need
- $13,000 to the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) to support their ministry to the hungry of our area
- $5,000 to International Rescue Committee
- $5,000 to Doctors Without Borders
- $5,000 to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
To offer your hands and hearts in service, the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) remains open to provide food for food insecure people in our community. They offer two locations on different days to safely drop off donations of food:
- Monday afternoons || 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. || Parking lot across the street from Ascension Lutheran Church, 7601 York Rd. in Towson.
- Thursday afternoons || 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. || Trinity Episcopal Church, 120 Alleghany Ave. in Towson
Items needed include:
- Cereal, including oatmeal
- Apple sauce
- Canned peas, carrots, and diced tomato
- Canned pasta meals and hearty soups
- Grape jelly
- Peanut butter
- Spaghetti sauce
- Pasta, dry, all shapes and sizes
- Paper goods, or toiletries
TPC humbly and gratefully requests that you continue to support the ministries and mission of our community of faith as you are able during this crucial time. You can:
- Give Online
- Mail your offering to 400 W. Chesapeake Ave. Towson, MD 21204
- Text “CheerfulGiver” (one word; case sensitive) to 73256
The Hope of Our Faith
We offer the gentle reminder that God is no less present with us amid these (admittedly) different days. Times of wilderness call for patience, compassion, and eyes of faith to look for the new things God is doing around and within us.
Dear friends, rest in the assurance that God is with you, and know that nothing can separate you from God’s love.