TPC is Now Fully Open – Almost No Restrictions
Please explore our Regathering Plan in detail HERE
But in a nutshell:
- Masks are now optional indoors, except for the sanctuary.
- Worshippers do not need to pre-register for the 10 a.m. service, as the 50-person cap has been eliminated.
- The facility is now available in its entirety for ministry use.
- Groups may continue to meet via video-conferencing (e.g. Zoom), or reserve a room to use at the church (masks optional).
- Communal sharing of food is is permitted outside only.
Worship || Three Sunday Service Options || Virtual & In-Peron
9:00 a.m. Outdoor Worship in Central Ave. Parking Lot
- Weather-permitting (e.g. no precipitation), we gather in the shaded portion of the main parking lot for an abbreviated service of Scripture, Sermon, Song, & Prayer.
- Masks and social-distancing are optional.
- Worshippers are invited to bring chairs.
10:00 a.m. Livestreamed & In-Person Sanctuary Worship
- The 10 a.m. service is held in the sanctuary, that is still awaiting an HVAC renovation. Until that renovation is completed, masks are requested to be worn.
- This service is also livestreamed (see below) for those preferring to worship remotely.
Livestream of the 10 a.m. service:
- Our worship stream generally begins 5 minutes prior to the start of the service, and can be found along one of these three platforms:
- TPC’s website – click Virtual Service Now
- Facebook Live – Anyone who is looking to engage with others during the service is encouraged to do so on Facebook Live. You do NOT need a Facebook account to view the livestream feed or the saved videos of previous livestreams.
- YouTube – Find it on TPC’s YouTube channel here.
Permission to print and/or broadcast music in publications linked to this website is obtained through One License with license #A-728044.
Practicing Spiritual Practices || Resuming October, 2021 – Tuesdays at 7 p.m. || Facebook Live
When Joel returns from his sabbatical, all are invited to join him as he livestreams an exploration of a spiritual practice. Simply visit www.facebook.com/towsonpres.
To view previously streamed sessions, please click below:
- The Examen – 3/24/20 || 4/28/20 || 6/30/20
- Lectio Divina – 3/31/20 || 5/5/20 || 5/26/20 || 7/7/20
- Gratitude Prayer – 4/14/20
- Images & Blessings – 4/21/20 || 6/9/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Experiencing Love – 5/12/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Seeing Our Gifts – 5/19/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Carried to Jesus – 6/23/20
- Praying for Peace – 6/2/20
- Receiving the Gift – 6/16/20 || 10/19/20
Beyond Sunday: Joel & Rob’s Podcast || Resuming October, 2021 – Wed. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
You can watch (or listen to) “Joel & Rob’s Podcast” on Facebook, as they explore the way they see, struggle with, and seek to live out their faith.
The traditional audio-only podcast format can be foundhere. Below are previous examples of the livestreamed version:
- Exploring the Practice of Service – 10/28/20
- Exploring the Practice of Worship – 10/14/20
- Exploring the Practice of Food – 10/7/20
- Exploring the Practice of Community – 9/30/20
- Joel & TPC’s Phyllis Gray – 8/11/20 discuss Ch. 49 of You Make the Road by Walking
- Joel speaks with Jim Kuhlman – 8/5/20
- Joel & Rob explore Sabbath – 4/1/20
- Did God Cause Covid-19? – 4/22/20
- Anxiety, Control, & Faith – 4/29/20
- Failure & Faith – 5/6/20
- Coping with Grief (& Covid) – 5/20/20
- Covid & Systemic Racism – 6/3/20
- This Summer @ TPC – 6/10/20
In the following, Joel & Rob explore a chapter from the book TPC is reading together, We Make the Road By Walking.
- Ch. 27 – 3/16/20
- Ch. 28 – 3/18/20
- Ch. 29 – 3/23/20
- Ch. 30 – 3/25/20
- Ch. 31 – 3/30/20
- Ch. 32 – 4/6/20
- Ch. 32 a & b – 4/8/20
- Ch. 33 – 4/13/20
- Ch. 34 – 4/20/20
- Ch. 35 – 4/27/20
- Ch. 36 – 5/4/20
- Ch. 37 – 5/11/20
- Ch. 38 – 5/18/20
- Ch. 39 – 5/27/20
- Ch. 40 – 6/3/20
- Ch. 41 – 6/10/20
- Ch. 42 – 6/17/20 (w/ Alison Peer)
- Ch. 43 – 6/24/40 (w/ Patty Rath)
- Ch. 44 – 6/29/20
- Ch. 45 – 7/13/20
- Ch. 46 – 7/29/20
Family Faith Formation at Home || Tues. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
Every Tuesday at 1 p.m., Jenness livestreams a spiritual formation offering for families with children. Watch the livestreamed Bible stories and discussion on Facebook. Click links below to explore previous offerings.
Faith At Home
The Faith at Home section of our website offers opportunities to explore and grow in faith wherever you may be.
Check back regularly to explore these curated resources (including videos, blogs, online classes, and more).
Since the start of the pandemic, TPC has offered over $100,000 to help combat the growing local and global needs exacerbated by the pandemic.
Specific hunger-related gifts have been given to the following:
- Mt. Calvary AME Church’s food pantry and “Harvest Meals for the Hungry” program
- City of Refuge (South Baltimore) which strives to support and lead people out of deep poverty
- Breath of God Lutheran Church (Southeast Baltimore) which is feeding adults and children breakfast and lunch every weekday between 11am and 2pm.
- Amazing Grace Lutheran Church (East Baltimore) to support their food pantry for the impoverished area around McElderry Park
- Baltimore County Together to purchase grocery boxes for families in need
- Community Assistance Network in Baltimore County to reduce poverty and vulnerability while promoting growth and stability
- Healthcare for the Homeless to provide health-related services and advocacy for the homeless
- Student Support Network (SSN), which will purchase grocery boxes for Baltimore County students in need
- Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) to support their ministry to the hungry of our area
- International Rescue Committee
- Doctors Without Borders
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
ACTC Online Sign-Ups:
To offer your hands and hearts in service, the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) has online Sign-Ups to bring much needed items to their facility on Monday mornings each week.
Grab & Go Meals with Mt. Calvary AME Church
TPC has committed to preparing and delivering 90 meals to the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC), and the two low income residential towers in Towson on the third Wednesday of each month.
You can volunteer to prepare food at home and bring it to Mt. Calvary AME Church (MCAME), help prepare and package the meals in the MCAME kitchen, or deliver the meals, or all three :). Ninety meals means LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS are needed, especially to buy and prepare the menu items. But it is only once a month, so we can do it!
Our inaugural partnership with Mt. Calvary AME has been a wonderful success. Let’s keep it going until our own SCL resumes! A Signup Genius will be in your inbox soon. Please be generous with your time, talent, and treasure and sign up to help. Thank you!
TPC humbly and gratefully requests that you continue to support the ministries and mission of our community of faith as you are able during this crucial time. You can:
- Give Online
- Mail your offering to 400 W. Chesapeake Ave. Towson, MD 21204
- Text “CheerfulGiver” (one word; case sensitive) to 73256