Streamed Services, Remote Offerings, Mission, & More
TPC is currently in Phase 2 of our Revised Regathering Plan
All of TPC’s leadership conveys our hope and prayers that you and your loved ones are well. If you stand in need of care, please let us know. Leadership also requests our communal solidarity as we seek to do our part in mitigating this pandemic.
To learn more about Phase 2 (including remote, outdoor, and indoor in-person gatherings) and the Regathering Plan, please click HERE.
Please look below for the ongoing ways by which we continue to worship, serve, and grow closer to God during this pandemic.
Worship || Sundays at 10 a.m. || Virtual
Join us Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. as worship is livestreamed. While we look forward to worshipping in-person as soon as possible, TPC will continue livestreaming worship post-pandemic.
To participate in a livestreamed, virtual service, TPC offers two options:
- Facebook Live – Anyone who is looking to engage with others during the service is encouraged to do so on Facebook Live. You do NOT need a Facebook account to view the livestream feed or the saved videos of previous livestreams.
- Virtual Service Now – If you’d prefer not to use Facebook, our worship stream is also offered directly via our website for ease of access. Simply click: Virtual Service Now
Permission to print and/or broadcast music in publications linked to this website is obtained through One License with license #A-728044.
Practicing Spiritual Practices || Tuesdays at 7 p.m. || Facebook Live
Every Tuesday evening at 7 p.m., all are invited to join Rob & Joel as they livestream an exploration of a spiritual practice. Simply visit www.facebook.com/towsonpres.
To view previously streamed sessions, please click below:
- The Examen – 3/24/20 || 4/28/20 || 6/30/20
- Lectio Divina – 3/31/20 || 5/5/20 || 5/26/20 || 7/7/20
- Gratitude Prayer – 4/14/20
- Images & Blessings – 4/21/20 || 6/9/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Experiencing Love – 5/12/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Seeing Our Gifts – 5/19/20
- Imaginative Prayer – Carried to Jesus – 6/23/20
- Praying for Peace – 6/2/20
- Receiving the Gift – 6/16/20 || 10/19/20
Joel & Rob’s Podcast || Mon. & Wed. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
Watch “Joel & Rob’s Podcast” every Monday & Wednesday on Facebook, as they explore the way they see, struggle with, and seek to live out their faith.
The traditional audio-only podcast format can be found here, while the livestreamed version can be found below:
- Exploring the Practice of Service – 10/28/20
- Exploring the Practice of Worship – 10/14/20
- Exploring the Practice of Food – 10/7/20
- Exploring the Practice of Community – 9/30/20
- Joel & TPC’s Phyllis Gray – 8/11/20 discuss Ch. 49 of You Make the Road by Walking
- Joel speaks with Jim Kuhlman – 8/5/20
- Joel & Rob explore Sabbath – 4/1/20
- Did God Cause Covid-19? – 4/22/20
- Anxiety, Control, & Faith – 4/29/20
- Failure & Faith – 5/6/20
- Coping with Grief (& Covid) – 5/20/20
- Covid & Systemic Racism – 6/3/20
- This Summer @ TPC – 6/10/20
In the following, Joel & Rob explore a chapter from the book TPC is reading together, We Make the Road By Walking.
- Ch. 27 – 3/16/20
- Ch. 28 – 3/18/20
- Ch. 29 – 3/23/20
- Ch. 30 – 3/25/20
- Ch. 31 – 3/30/20
- Ch. 32 – 4/6/20
- Ch. 32 a & b – 4/8/20
- Ch. 33 – 4/13/20
- Ch. 34 – 4/20/20
- Ch. 35 – 4/27/20
- Ch. 36 – 5/4/20
- Ch. 37 – 5/11/20
- Ch. 38 – 5/18/20
- Ch. 39 – 5/27/20
- Ch. 40 – 6/3/20
- Ch. 41 – 6/10/20
- Ch. 42 – 6/17/20 (w/ Alison Peer)
- Ch. 43 – 6/24/40 (w/ Patty Rath)
- Ch. 44 – 6/29/20
- Ch. 45 – 7/13/20
- Ch. 46 – 7/29/20
Family Faith Formation at Home || Tues. & Thurs. at 1 p.m. || Facebook Live
Every Tuesday at 1 p.m., Jenness livestreams a spiritual formation offering for families with children. Watch the livestreamed Bible stories and discussion on Facebook. Click links below to explore previous offerings.
Faith At Home
The Faith at Home section of our website offers opportunities to explore and grow in faith wherever you may be.
Check back regularly to explore these curated resources (including videos, blogs, online classes, and more).
Leaders are dividing our congregation up via “households” so that we can reach out to each and all in order to communicate any of the above that has not yet reached them, and to learn any additional needs we may be able to serve.
Please understand that staff is not permitted to visit hospitals, retirement communities, rehabilitation centers, and nursing homes during this time. Pastors are available, however, for phone counsel.
Since the start of the pandemic, TPC has offered over $100,000 to help combat the growing local and global needs cexacerbated by the pandemic.
Specific hunger-related gifts have been given to the following:
- Mt. Calvary AME Church’s food pantry and “Harvest Meals for the Hungry” program
- City of Refuge (South Baltimore) which strives to support and lead people out of deep poverty
- Breath of God Lutheran Church (Southeast Baltimore) which is feeding adults and children breakfast and lunch every weekday between 11am and 2pm.
- Amazing Grace Lutheran Church (East Baltimore) to support their food pantry for the impoverished area around McElderry Park
- Baltimore County Together to purchase grocery boxes for families in need
- Community Assistance Network in Baltimore County to reduce poverty and vulnerability while promoting growth and stability
- Healthcare for the Homeless to provide health-related services and advocacy for the homeless
- Student Support Network (SSN), which will purchase grocery boxes for Baltimore County students in need
- Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) to support their ministry to the hungry of our area
- International Rescue Committee
- Doctors Without Borders
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
ACTC Online Sign-Ups:
To offer your hands and hearts in service, the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) has online Sign-Ups to bring much needed items to their facility on Monday mornings each week.
Grab & Go Meals with Mt. Calvary AME Church
TPC has committed to preparing and delivering 90 meals to the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC), and the two low income residential towers in Towson on the third Wednesday of each month.
You can volunteer to prepare food at home and bring it to Mt. Calvary AME Church (MCAME), help prepare and package the meals in the MCAME kitchen, or deliver the meals, or all three :). Ninety meals means LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS are needed, especially to buy and prepare the menu items. But it is only once a month, so we can do it!
Our inaugural partnership with Mt. Calvary AME has been a wonderful success. Let’s keep it going until our own SCL resumes! A Signup Genius will be in your inbox soon. Please be generous with your time, talent, and treasure and sign up to help. Thank you!
TPC humbly and gratefully requests that you continue to support the ministries and mission of our community of faith as you are able during this crucial time. You can:
- Give Online
- Mail your offering to 400 W. Chesapeake Ave. Towson, MD 21204
- Text “CheerfulGiver” (one word; case sensitive) to 73256
The Hope of Our Faith
We offer the gentle reminder that God is no less present with us amid these (admittedly) different days. Times of wilderness call for patience, compassion, and eyes of faith to look for the new things God is doing around and within us.
Dear friends, rest in the assurance that God is with you, and know that nothing can separate you from God’s love.