Families grow in faith best by growing together. While we deeply value our church school program, we also recognize that children and parents need to explore and practice faith together. So we offer programs designed to equip parents to be the leaders in their family’s spiritual formation.
Parents' Night Out - TPC offers childcare while parents gather in a members' home for good food and fellowship.
Spiritual Practices for Families - Twice a year, TPC offers a small group specifically designed for parents to explore how to engage their children and youth in faith formation.
Intergenerational Garden - click here to explore more.
Intergenerational Festivals in Advent & Lent
Family Faith Practices
Explore TPC’s “Family Faith Formation” practices and activities that bring a family together spiritually, but in the convenience of your own home on your own schedule. Also, take time to explore programs at church for parents to learn and grow in prayer, Bible story reading, and creating a spiritual discipline within the home.
Kindness Can Be Taught – a great podcast for parents! Enjoy and learn. https://n.pr/2KfKcI2
Welcome to TPC’s monthly Family Spiritual Activity! Our first activity is Family Dinner Prayer Cards. Thanks to Traci-Smith at www.traci-smith.com for this idea.
- Plan to do this family activity for the month of January.
- Cut out the cards and put them in a small stack next to the dinner table.
- Take turns choosing from the stack and offering a prayer at dinner – or whatever meal your family comes to the table most often.
- The prayers are simple and inclusive.
- If you’d like the cards to be sturdier, laminate or print on card stock.