Oct. 20 || The Possibility Business - Part 1: "The Point of Prayer"
- We kick off a 3-week sermon series regarding the inherent possibilities built into the life of discipleship, beginning with... Prayer
- What's the point of prayer?
- Is prayer designed to get God to do what we want?
- Or is prayer better designed for God to move and shape us?
Oct. 27 || The Possibility Business - Part 2: "What Are We Looking For?"
- People of resurrection are, inherently, a people of possibility.
- But do we expect it? Do we ever look for it?
Nov. 3 || The Possibility Business - Part 3: "What Generosity Can Do!"
- In Luke 19: 1-10, we get a picture of what can happen when we invest ourselves in the well-being of others.
Nov. 10 || "We Make the Road By Walking"
- We dip back into the book that all of TPC is invited to explore this year: We Make the Road By Walking by Brian McLaren.
Nov. 17 || "The Ideal Community"
- In 2 Thessalonians 3, Paul paints a picture of the ideal community. It's comprised of mutuality and reciprocity; all do some but no one does too much; all have enough and no one has more than they need.
Nov. 24 || "Living in the Reign of Christ"
- Christ the King Sunday || Thanksgiving Weekend
- It's a celebration full of irony, as we celebrate how our "King of Love" was killed because he loved those the world would not.
Dec. 1 || "Living with a Long View"
- First Sunday of Advent - Hope
- Advent arrives again (as it does every year at this time), reminding us that while the world is not yet what it should be, we are called to look with a long view towards the community God continues to create.
Dec. 8 || "Advent Repentance"
- Second Sunday of Advent - Love
- In Isaiah 11 and Matthew 3, we hear Advent's prophets calling people to "repent."
- While many view repentance as a call to stop doing something bad or wrong, Advent's call to repent has little to do with stopping bad behaviors, and everything to do with starting good ones!
Dec. 15 || Special Service: Advent Cantata
- Third Sunday of Advent - Joy
- One worship service at 10:00 a.m. in Sanctuary
- The Chancel Choir and musical ensemble bless worshippers this morning with a special Advent Cantata.
Dec. 22 || The Difference of One
- Fourth Sunday of Advent - Peace
- In Matthew 1, Gospel readers see the radical way God entered into our world, and the difference even one person can have in ushering in the kingdom of God.
Dec. 24 || Christmas Eve Worship Services
- 4:00 p.m. || Family Service
- Children and adults tell the story of Christ's coming through Gospel lessons sung and acted out.
- This is a fun, festive service filled with the excited wiggles and giggles of children and the sounds of Christmas glory!
- 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m. || Services of Lessons & Carols
- These beautiful, candlelit services are filled with Scripture lessons, choir anthems, and rich Christmas carols that all combine to retell the majestic story of the Christ child’s birth.
Dec. 29 || Adaptation of Moravian Lovefeast
- One service at 10 a.m. in Thompson Hall
- We celebrate the joyful news of Christ's coming through a special service in which worshippers sing Christmas Carols and join in prayers while sipping warm drinks (cocoa, coffee, tea) and munching on sweets and pastries.
- All are encouraged to dress casually (and children are welcome to wear pajamas if desired).