Feb. 16 || We Make the Road By Walking
- As TPC continues exploring We Make the Road by Walking together, this week our worship once again revolves around the themes of one of its chapters.
Feb. 23 || Youth Sunday
- TPC's Middle & Senior High Youth Groups proclaim their faith and offer a message to us all, as they lead this morning's services which they have prepared.
Season of Lent
- Throughout the season of Lent, TPC will dive deeply into the Gospel of Matthew ch. 5, 6, and 7 as we also journey through portions of Brian McLaren's book, We Make the Road by Walking
Feb. 26 || Ash Wednesday
- We enter the season of Lent--a time of exploring the distance between the lives God calls us to live and the lives we're actually living--as we gather at 7 p.m. for a service of Communion and the Imposition of Ashes in the Chapel.
March 1 || We Make the Road By Walking, ch. 27 || "A New Kind of Hero"
- First Sunday of Lent
- Who do disciples aspire to be?
- The Lord's Supper (Communion) will be shared this morning.
March 8 || We Make the Road By Walking, ch. 28 || "A Third Way"
- Second Sunday of Lent
- Are Christians called to look back at the way of Christ and the early church in order to see how we are called to live?
- Or are Christians called to forge ahead, forgetting what lies behind in order to trod the path not yet taken?
March 15 || We Make the Road By Walking, ch. 29 || "Change Yourself to Change the World"
- Third Sunday of Lent
- Is anyone perfect? Or nearly perfect? Reformed Christians don't believe so.
- But that doesn't mean we cannot pursue the perfection of Jesus, who offered the "perfect" view of God in the flesh: full of compassion, grace, and love.
March 22 || We Make the Road By Walking, ch. 30 || "From Anxiety & Judgment to Grace & Fulfillment"
- Fourth Sunday of Lent
- This world overwhelms us with false measurements and judgements until anxiety becomes an unavoidable side-effect of life itself.
- God's kingdom, however, offers an antithesis to the world's anxiety-and-judgement-driven systems.
March 29 || TPC Welcomes Brian McLaren, author of We Make the Road by Walking to worship
- Fifth Sunday of Lent
- TPC is blessed to welcome Brian McLaren back via videoconference.
- We will again speak with Brian about our journey through his book, and particularly our journey through Matthew 5, 6, and 7.
April 5 || Palm Sunday || "Did Jesus Have to Die"
- Each year on Palm Sunday, the sixth Sunday of Lent, we remember Jesus' triumphant procession into the city of Jerusalem, as the crowds greeted him as a king.
- As Holy Week awaits, however, we know things changes radically for Jesus in the days that followed.
- We have long assumed Christ's death was always a part of God's plan, but there is an important question worth asking: Did Jesus have to die?
April 12 || Easter Sunday
- Christ is risen! Death has been defeated! Sin and judgment have no more power over us.
- But what does all that happenned two millennia ago mean for us today?