Worship Moved to Livestream in Response to Covid-19
Worship is livestreamed at 10 a.m. via www.facebook.com/towsonpres. You do not need a Facebook account to view the service. If you go to the website and it asks you to either sign in or establish an account, you can click "not now."
For more information on TPC's "Regathering Plans," please click here.
Sept. 13 || HOMECOMING SUNDAY
- As this Sunday marks the start of a brand-new programmatic year of mission and ministry, will look back at the past year of ministry (and all the joys, surprises, and struggles along the way), and then look ahead to what promises to be a remarkable year of mission and ministry--pandemic or no pandemic!
Sept. 20 || Animate Practices - Community
- What does it mean for Christians to live in "community? What does community require of the Christian? Why does it take practice?
Sept. 27 || Animate Practices - Prayer
- Prayer is a lot of things: a blessing; a burden; a comfort; a challenge; a telling; a pleading. Ultimately, however, prayer is a language that requires practice.
Oct. 4 || Animate Practices - Food
- World Communion Sunday
- Food plays many roles throughout Scripture and in our own lives. It is necessary nourishment for life, but also a joyful center around which culture and relationships grow. To this with abundance, food is value laden, while those without approach food as an essential commodity.
- Scripture also shows that food is a means of communion we are called to share without judgment and without exclusion. Approaching food in such a way takes quite a bit of practice.
Oct. 11 || Animate Practices - Worship
- What is worship? Is it somethings we can only do in a church or is something we can do wherever we might find ourselves?
- Is worship meant to boring (if not, why do so many find it so boring)? Inspiring? Or is worship intended to do something else entirely?
Oct. 18 || Animate Practices - Sharing
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is clear: disciples are called to share. Sharing is a stable for the Christian way of life, and yet Christians are increasingly counted among the least generous in our approach to those not similar to oursleves? Clearly, learning to share (and uncovering its blessings) takes practice.
Oct. 25 || Animate Practices - Service
- What does it mean to serve God? Does it require sacrifice? Or is it more of a perspective by which we live? Either way, faith has shown us that service, while a rich blessing, takes practice.
Nov. 1 || Animate Practices - Sacraments
- Our Reformed tradition acknowledges two sacraments as commanded by Christ: communion and baptism. But what are the sacraments? Magical moments whereby those unloved by God suddenly become loved by God? No! Sacraments are much more encompassing than a mere moment. It takes practice to live out our sacramental identities.
Nov. 8 || Christianity & Patriotism: Part 1
- Following on the heels of the Nov. 3 election, our nation will have elected a president (and other federal and local leaders) to service for the next for years. How are Christians called to respond to their governmental leaders? What is the relationship between one's faith and one's government?
Nov. 15 || Christianity & Patriotism: Part 2
- Many view Christianity and patriotism hand-in-hand: to be one means to be the other. Indeed, there are many overlapping similarities found in the ideals of our faith and the ideals of patriotism. But there are also extraordinary dangers found in connecting the two together. This morning, we will explore the blessings and the dangers found in the relationship between Christianity and patriotism.
Click below to view previously livestreamed worship services:
- Sept. 27, 2020 - Prayer is a loaded word. The Service unpacks our feelings about prayer.
- Sept. 20, 2020 - Pastors Joel and Rob tackle the faith practice of community based on "Animate: Practices."
- Sept. 13, 2020 - Homecoming - reflect and look ahead for the resilient Towson Presbyterian Church and greater Towson.
- Sept. 6, 2020 - Year-end celebration of "We Make The Road By Walking" || Special edition of Joel & Rob's Podcast with special guest Brian McLaren
- Aug. 30, 2020 - Be You featuring "Name" from Nooma Video Series by Flannel films
- Aug. 23, 2020 - Finding Stillness and Silence featuring "Noise" from Nooma Video Series by Flannel films
- Aug. 16, 2020 - We Belong to God in Life & Death
- Aug. 9, 2020 - How God Puts Things Right
- Aug. 2, 2020 - Open In Prayer (featuring "Open" from NOOMA video series)
- July 26, 2020 - This Day (featuring "Today" from NOOMA video series)
- July 19, 2020 - Spirit of Service
- July 12, 2020 - Called to Discipleship (featuring "Dust" from NOOMA video series)
- July 5, 2020 - Called to Know Joy
- June 28, 2020 - Spirit of Love: Love of Neighbor
- June 21, 2020 - Spirit of Love: Love of God
- June 14, 2020 - Creation Care - The Things We Do for Love by Rev. Mary Gaut
- June 7, 2020 - Lament & Hope
- May 31, 2020 - Pentecost - GODISNOWHERE
- May 24, 2020- The Spirit of Innovation & Adaptation
- May 17, 2020 - The God Who Gives
- May 10, 2020 - Gifts of Women || Gathered By God || Dotsie Bregel explores the meaning to be found in community
- May 3, 2020 - Reminders, Remembrance, & Resurrection
- April 26, 2020 - Finding Wholeness & Healing While We Grieve the Pandemic
- April 19, 2020 - Are Doubts an Obstacle or an Asset to faith?
- Part 1 - Part 2 - April 12, 2020 - Easter Sunday
- April 9, 2020 - Maundy Thursday & Tenebrae
- April 5, 2020 - Palm Sunday - Did Jesus Have to die?
- March 29, 2020 - Brian McLaren helps us explore our Lenten journeys through Scripture and his book, We Make the Road By Walking.
- March 22, 2020 - What does Jesus say to the tired, stressed, and exhausted?
- March 15, 2020 - Even in times of wilderness, God promises to be present.