Mental Health Workshop (In-Person)
December 11, 2022 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Mental Health Workshop
Processing Pain: Finding Healing in Community through a Mental Health Lens
Please join us for an important workshop led by Melissa Wesner, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and founder of Lifespring Counseling Services based in Towson, MD. The workshop, “Processing Pain: Finding Healing in Community through a Mental Health Lens,” will address the following:
- How is mental health defined?
- Who has mental health?
- What is “The Wellness Wheel”?
- Understanding our emotions and the myths about them
- Indicators that our mental health needs attention
- Indicators that someone else needs support
- Ways that we can de-stigmatize mental health and invite open, honest conversations about how we’re REALLY
- Safety planning:
- Things we do when we’re not well vs. the things that are helpful to do
- Healthy coping & supports
- Resources available to everyone if/when they need support and/or are in crisis.
We will host two opportunities:
Virtual Workshop: Tues., December 6, 7:00 p.m. via Zoom, please register here to receive the link.
In-Person Workshop: Sun., December 11, 11:30 a.m. in TPC’s library. No registration needed.
Mental health is an important topic that we want to honor and dive into as a church family, there will also be a workshop for our youth group on Sunday, December 11th at their usual time of 5:30 p.m. Please join us for one of these important workshops if you are able.