Children aren’t merely the church’s future. They’re a vital and vibrant part of the church today, for which TPC is deeply grateful! We take great care and pride in offering meaningful and impactful ministries that help children explore the stories of Scripture, the depths of God’s love for them, and how their lives are such a tremendous part of God’s love story with the world.
Unfortunately, due to the Covid pandemic all children's ministries (including church school) are currently remote. Please see below for a meaningful, accessible remote church school class for children and families alike!
Online Church School
Sunday, Sept. 20 || 9:15 – 9:45 am
This year, we will use Growing in God’s Love, a Story Bible and its brand-new, easy-to-use-at-home accompanying curriculum. Similar to Camp BeeTree, the Children & Family Committee will be offering children/families their own free Bible and bags filled with crafts.
Families, please pick up your craft packets in the church parking lot on Saturday, Sept. 19 - 10 am to 11 am
You are missed! Look forward to seeing you soon! If you have any questions, please contact Jenness at Jhall@towsonpres.org.
When Church School resumes once the pandemic has abated, we will resume the following classes:
Frolic for 4 and 5 year olds:
Frolic leverages best practices in early childhood education and features age-appropriate play spaces, prayers, storytelling, music and rituals. Our preschoolers will explore meaningful faith concepts through play—what our kids do best at this age!
Holy Moly for 1st - 2nd Graders and 3rd - 4th Graders:
Holy Moly is a fun and funny educational curriculum that helps younger elementary-age kids get to know Bible stories and characters through videos, activities, interactive games, and creative crafts. Here’s how it works:
- Discover – Kids are introduced to Bible story characters and begin to discover the story by watching a fun, animated Bible story video
- Relate – Kids discuss what surprised them, what makes them wonder, and how they feel about the story they just saw
- Connect – The class opens Bibles and reads the day’s story
- Create – They imagine and reflect on the Bible story through hands-on activities or games using their learner leaflet
Connect for 5th Graders:
Connect for our oldest children in Church School and is age appropriate for “tweens”. It’s designed to:
- Capture tweens’ attention with Connect’s notoriously witty, quirky humor-filled videos.
- Help tweens see the big picture of the Bible with special Connect Bibles, which feature visual icons, vibrant maps, and instant activities while providing relevance for preteens.
- Encourage preteens to see the narrative arc of the Bible with Connect’s Bible-centered approach explores.
Church School registration form may be downloaded here: