Faith at Home
Towson Presbyterian Church strives to grow disciples of Jesus Christ. But we understand that growth happens in church, and at home. There’s always more we can be doing to know God and live love better.Below are some resources to help you grow your faith at home.
Books are one of the best ways that we can grow in our faith on our own. Here are ten books that Rob and Joel recommend:
- The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming by Henry Nouwen
- Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People by Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith by Rob Bell
- Soul Feast: An Invitation to the Christian Spiritual Life by Marjorie Thompson
- Desire of the Everlasting Hills: The World Before and After Jesus by Thomas Cahill
- The Naked Now: Learning To See As the Mystics See by Richard Rohr
- The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith by Marcus Borg
- A New Kind of Christianity: Ten Questions That Are Transforming the Faith by Brian D. McLaren
- Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection and the Mission of the Church by N.T. Wright
- Mixed Blessings by Barbara Brown Taylor
At TPC our Adult Spiritual Formation program is designed to offer everyone—regardless of where you are on your own spiritual journey—a chance to begin exploring your faith more intentionally.
Playlists are a spiritual formation experience that is available to you at your convenience. They’re meant to be accessible (on-line) so you can experience it when your schedule allows. And they’re also meant to be time-sensitive – the following Playlist should not take you more than 12-15 minutes to complete. Playlists are ready-made for you to experience on your own and when you have the available time.